Monday, May 4, 2009

PORTUGUESE GAY BARS I :: "Mister Gay" (Costa da Caparica, Lisbon)

Start today a new series of posts that will try to present the gay bars I know, and others that have not visited so far. In line with what happens with the series of posts "Elements of Pleasure", these posts will not have any set schedule ... Beginning with the "Mister Gay" ... This bar is me in a way, a particular bar, it was the first gay bar I entered, together with my beautiful, specifically in the night we met ... Since then we become more or less dedicated customers ... At that time, and also somewhat influenced by the way had met the bar, the bar felt like a very heterogeneous place, spacious, with a decoration (?) Based on red sofas surrounding the dance floor, doing a little remembering the clubs of old, with a certain air of "Boite". But the relaxed atmosphere is what attracted me more ... This house shows every Friday and Saturday shows of transvestites ... The Valéria Vanini (see photo) was at the head of poster ... Here, I always thought the quality of shows very weak ... As the music is the most commercial music, with a mixture of different styles, trying to please the Greeks and Trojans. The Staff of the house is in my opinion, very little attention, both in presentation and treatment of customers ... This house is not dark room and in my opinion, is a place where anyone can feel at ease! Currently, some months I do not want this bar, and this is due to two reasons: the environment has become a little "rasca" and with a significant increase in women (lesbians) which also leaves something to be desired ; The show and the staff reached a low level of quality .... The Patricia Russell was the last time I visited the house, head of the poster, it seems that, for a comment to one of my own posts on this topic has already been removed ... She was a great artist, surrounded by artists poor ... I hope now is better together! I have a different view on this bar, taken from the Leisure Guide: This is one of the mandatory at night gay. The "shows" for transvestites mark the uniqueness of the Mistergay. All Fridays and Saturdays, the processor Patricia Russel brand presence with their "shows" eccentric, full of color, sequins and feathers, many of them inspired by the hits of the great divas and perhaps what was more transformed in Portugal : Ruth Bryden. The success of "shows" have resulted in a collection of versions of songs, published on CD. The Mistergay "differentiates itself from other gay bars not only for its ample space (it is installed in the warehouse of a former leather factory), in which prevails the lack of taste in decoration, but also by the diversity of its audience.

No comments: