Friday, January 29, 2010

There's something in womans that much envy me...

... that's the fact that only they can pass through the unique experience of pregnancy and have a child. I mention this because this weekend was the wedding of two longtime friends, among many other guests, and the truth is that because of several couples they married a short time ago, the children are a constant in conversations ... Some pregnant, others to try and with some other less pleasant experiences. But it's nice seeing a new mother, speaking of his experience with a twinkle in his eye and one very special ... I just thought to myself "How I'd like to also be able to go through this experience." But he wanted to, who we "invented" that only women have that privilege and on that there is not even nothing to do. And by chance I'm at a stage where several friends go through these experience (some already future parents, others try to be our parents, other daddies and others in which things did not go very well), and that makes the conversations very interesting.. And even here we (society) try (often with good intention) poking your nose when asking for a baby without knowing sometimes what is really happening and that this simple question can cause enough embarrassment to the couple. I have said several times that on the day I came out as gay a few of the things that hurt me most was knowing that the dream of having a child would have to be put aside, at least as "normal" is designed as a baby. .. Many think that even so all is not lost, and this is true ... This weekend, the dormant desire of having a child has to be agreed, and the adoption was again a part of my daily thoughts .... We shall see! :)

No comments: